Maria Gust Kanney began her career at Nessler & Associates in 2007. She has spent most of her legal career as an attorney with Nessler & Associates. She handles personal injury claims, including automobile accidents, slip and fall accidents, and most other injury cases. She also assists the victims of sexual abuse to help them recover from the abuse they have suffered. She has successfully tried several cases to verdict in favor of the plaintiffs. She is recognized by the National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyer in Illinois.
- Bachelor of Arts – Legal Studies, Cum Laude
- University of Illinois, 2006
- Downstate Illinois Innocence Project
- Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, 2010
- Senior Communications Editor, Thomas M. Cooley Journal of Practical and Clinical Law; Grade Appeals Magistrate
- Certificate of Merit in Advanced Legal Writing, Pre-Trial Skills, Family Law, and Water Law
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Sangamon County Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Ms. Kanney practices primarily in the areas of personal injury, premises liability, automobile negligence, catastrophic injuries, workman’s compensation, and social security disability.